Responsiblities and duties
- Prepare, examine, and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards, including managing all audits
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements where applicable.
- Report to management regarding the finances of the establishment
- Analyze business operations trends, obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Establish accounting models and tables and assign proper entries to the correct accounts.
- Develop, maintain and analyze budgets, preparing periodic reports and compare costs to actual budgets.
- Develop, maintain and document the record keeping and accounting systems in line with the latest available accounting systems
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and book keeping personnel.
In this role as Accountant, you will also be expected to supervise and assist the Book Keeper with:
- Maintaining subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, and posting transactions.
- Balancing subsidiary accounts by reconciling entries.
- Make pay outs and receive receipt on behalf of the Foundation while making follow up on receivables and payables.
In your role as Administrator, you will be expected to:
- Look after the overall running of the office while taking care of inventory and use of office equipment and facility
- Supervise the office staff in managing office time, and office resources and presiding over the office meetings.
- Attend staff meetings and contribute to suggestions and planning
- Most importantly, work hand in hand with all team members and keep in mind our organizations values; this should be your willing commitment.
- Implement any other tasks as might be directed by management
- Bachelors in Finance and Accounting
- Added advantage of stage 2 of a professional course (ACCA, CPA)
- Experience of at 3 years in a busy Donor funded organisation
- Experience in Reporting to Donors
- Good command in Excel and Quick books
- Internet Knowledge is highly recommended
- Flexibility is a big Plus
- Ability to travel once in a while
- Late nights during EVENTS
Deadline 30th April 2019
Send your CVS to email@example.com