DIRECTOR MEDIA AND MARKETING
BAYIMBA has organized a wide range of activities that have brought about important changes to the state of arts and culture in Uganda. Implementation of activities has been successful due to a determined and enthusiastic team. The organisation seeks to engage a full-time person as the Director of Media and Marketing to play an effective role in the planning and implementing a comprehensive strategy of our recurring events.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop and implement a comprehensive media and marketing strategic plan of all Bayimba events e. all festivals, the Bayimba Academy and other related activities
- Work hand in hand with the team, attend meetings staff meetings and keep the organisation values
- Prepare and distribute all the various press releases for planned events
- Coordinate designs and distribution of all media and marketing materials (posters, flyers, banners, catalogues and electronic audio and video footage) to planned
- Manage and establish both old and new relations, create interaction and follow up on the identified media and marketing partners
- Organise office information and database for easy access with the internal and external teams and partners
- Write monthly newsletters and information sharing, timely responses, monitoring and updating the social networks websites, blog, facebook, twitter, instagram, flickers and the live broadcasts and keep the public and team member updated with information.
- Build on our existing database and manage linkages between the Bayimba media mediums and other partner mediums in order to utilise audiences of mutual benefit.
- Coordinate and supervise content and production of the Annual Bayimba reports, season catalogue and the organisation of the annual Bayimba Arts Journalism training
- Prepare for and run the monitoring and evaluation process of your plans and accountability
- Implement any other tasks as might be directed by management in line with executing your duties
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business, or related field
- Minimum of three years of experience in communications, PR, or related field
- Experience with technologies, software applications and best practices for campaigns across multiple platforms
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and monitor several projects and accounts on a daily basis
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage time effectively
- Ability to take initiative to develop new strategies and outside-the-box ideas for social media.
- Excellent media relations skills
- Ability to work independently
- Interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Knowledge and/or proven interest in creative industries in Uganda, East Africa, Africa and around the world
- Experience in project coordination
- Fluent in English and possible other languages
- Result oriented
- Initiative and innovative
- Persuasive and decisive
How to apply:
Applicants should send their CV, a letter of motivation with three mandatory references to Bayimba Cultural Foundation email address: email@example.com before 15th March 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Envisaged start date for the successful applicant is 1st April 2018. The contract will be for the period of one year and will be renewed subject to performance. Remuneration will be based on experience.