- Title: Marketing and media Officer
- Reports to: General Manager
Bayimba Cultural Foundation is a multiple-branched organization that focuses on uplifting arts and culture in Uganda through cultural exchange and creativity. The Foundation hosts high-quality arts festivals, offers training courses and workshops for aspiring artists, and facilitates creative development. It strives to reach as wide an audience as possible, reaching all age groups and income levels. Bayimba is unique in its multidisciplinary approach combined with its engaging efforts to “explore and experience”.
We are looking for a passionate Marketing and media Officer to plan and oversee the organization’s marketing activities and campaigns. You will be the one to ensure that all marketing operations are successful in meeting the goals set by management. A successful Marketing officer must have great enthusiasm for all things marketing and great knowledge of relevant techniques and principles. The ideal candidate will also be an excellent communicator and will have experience in managing different marketing ventures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the development of Bayimba’s annual Marketing plans
- Develop, manage and coordinate implementation marketing campaigns for all programmes and activities carried out by the organisation.
- Contribute in the implementation of marketing strategies of all initiatives by the organization.
- Supervise Media interns and ensure that they do their work properly.
- Find sponsorships and Media partnerships for Bayimba Foundation.
- Support the General Manager in overseeing the department’s operations and ensure value for money on all marketing campaigns implemented by the organization.
- Organize and attend marketing activities or events to raise brand awareness for the organization.
- Plan advertising and promotional campaigns for products or services on a variety of media (social, print etc.) as appropriate.
- Liaise with stakeholders and vendors to promote success of activities and enhance the company’s presence.
- See all ventures through to completion and evaluate their success using various metrics including value for money among others.
- Prepare content for the publication of marketing material and oversee distribution to relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth of Bayimba Cultural Foundation.
- Collaborate with managers in preparing budgets and monitoring expenses
- Prepare press releases as required and distribute them accordingly
- Act as the main point of contact for all marketing related events and activities for the organisation.
- Maintain and expand the Foundation’s partnership database with private and public actors in Uganda and beyond.
- Identify and solicit for marketing campaign support for Bayimba’s programmes and activities (most notably its festivals and events).
- Ensure that all marketing agreements are correctly fulfilled and recognised
- Develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders relevant for Bayimba Cultural foundation initiatives.
- Work with the IT team to develop a sustainable online and social media support strategy to support online marketing of the organisation.
- Selection of marketing properties that resonate with the BCF brands for partnership through proposal assessment ·Process the marketing campaign monitoring report for TV, Radio, Print and online to identify the marketing properties fulfilling the contractual agreements through compiling marketing campaign reports;
- BSc/BA in marketing, business administration or relevant field
- Proven experience as marketing officer or similar role
- Solid knowledge of marketing techniques and principles
- Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and marketing software (e.g. CRM)
- Thorough understanding of social media and web analytics
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Creativity and commercial awareness
- A team player with a customer-oriented approach
- Knowledge and/or proven interest in relevant Art and Culture industry
- Familiarity with publicity, media and communications research
- Strong experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flickr etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Formal presentation skills
- Ability to effectively and creatively communicate information and content
- Working independently and initiative
- Collaborative (team player)
- Planning and organisation skills
- Persuasive and decisive
- Stress tolerance
Terms and Conditions
- Hours: Part time
- Probation: 6 months
- Contract type: 1 year
All interested applicants should forward their CV and Cover letters (Addressed to the General Manager Bayimba Foundation) to [email protected]