- Job Title: Programme Coordinator
- Reports to: General Manager
- Number of positions: 1
Bayimba Cultural Foundation is a multiple-branched organization that focuses on uplifting arts and culture in Uganda through cultural exchange and creativity. The Foundation hosts high-quality arts festivals, offers training courses and workshops for aspiring artists, and facilitates creative development. In order to give the masses a fruitful experience, we need programmers who can focus on making our events a success through professional programming. The festivals to be programmed are; Amakula Film Festival, DOADOA East African Performing market and Bayimba International Festival of the Arts.
The post holder take the lead on all of our Festival programs and provide day-to-day oversight of administrative and operational functions in order to achieve project sustainability and success in accordance with defined target, strategies and goals. Specifically s/he will be managing, coordinating and overseeing of planning, implementing, and marketing of the Festival.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare programmes (line-up) for the Festivals in close cooperation with the General Manager, the finance officer and the Artistic Director
- Prepare and participate in the selection of artists for the Festivals
- Plan and coordinate logistical arrangements for participating artists (contracts, transport, accommodation)
- Ensure correct artist handling (satisfaction and safety) during the Festivals
- Working closely with other individual programmers of our festivals to ensure that the Festivals are well executed.
- Think of other programmes that may facilitate Bayimba Foundation’s growth.
- Prepare artists’ profiles for publicity/media purposes and technical riders for performances
The Programme Coordinator will closely work with all other team members (particularly the Artistic Director, interns, volunteers, stage managers and MC’s) to ensure successful implementation of his/her tasks. He/she will attend staff meetings and is expected to contribute (using his/her experience and skills) to the smooth running of Bayimba Cultural Foundation as a whole. He/she will be expected to keep a detailed record of implementation of tasks, which will serve as a basis for evaluating performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management or related field
- A minimum of 3 years’ progressive project management and coordination experience on local and international projects;
- Preferably someone who has knowledge and experience working in the Arts and creative industry.
- Fluency in English is required;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem-solving, conflict, ethical management skills and excellent written and oral communication skills
- Interested in and passionate about arts with an ability to recognize talent (experience in visual and performing arts)
- Flexibility during work.
Terms and Conditions
- Hours: Part time
- Probation: 6 months
All interested applicants should forward their CV and Cover letters (Addressed to the General Manager Bayimba Foundation) to [email protected]