- Job Title: Project Coordinator.
- Reports to: General Manager Bayimba Cultural Foundation
The UMVA Kreative platform is an online technology that offers multiple chances for skills development, financial inclusion, market connections as well as intellectual property protection to enhance the chances for increased economic activity and regional market participation of creative practitioners within Uganda and Burundi. The technology is introduced to address the urgent need for systems and mechanisms that truly enhance capacities and opportunities for increased economic activity and regional market participation.
The Programs Coordinator is the lead person who is supposed to oversee the platform’s content negotiations, launch and growth from its early stages of development, the introduction (marketing and communication) to society and also manage its operations when it commences work. The job holder may also support other Bayimba Cultural Foundation projects as deemed necessary my management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the day to day technical and administrative use of the UMVA Kreative website ensuring that everything is up to date.
- Research on how best to improve the operations of the platform and its clientele in order to achieve its objectives
- Market the UMVA Kreative website and all its services to ensure effectiveness.
- Negotiate and screen through all the submitted art work to suit the quality standard before they are uploaded to the platform (following the platform regulations).
- Find content for the platform as well as working hand in hand with Bayimba Staff and the AUXFIN team in Burundi to acquire.
- Negotiate terms of agreement with artists and draft all necessary contracts.
- Direct contact with AUXFIN Nepal on ICT technical matters
- Contribute to the strategic process, implementation and evaluation of plans.
- To liaise with Government Authorities and other stakeholders, including preparing annual submission and providing any other information as required by the Senior Management.
Work hand in hand with the Finance and Administration officer BAYIMBA and AUXFIN Burundi for financial reports and any other financial information.
- 3-4 years’ experience in Information technology.
- Proven experience as a line manager: motivating, set clear objectives and providing feedback.
- Experience of preparing and negotiating contracts.
- Excellent marketing skills
- Numerate and financially aware, with experience of budget management.
- Absolute attention to detail.
- A collaborative and ‘team player’ approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and the ability to manage a busy workload, prioritize and work to deadline.
- Commitment to best practice.
- Ability to work with a calm manner under pressure.
- A high level of computer literacy and knowledge of IT systems, in particular.
- A passion or interest in arts and culture (specifically visual and performing arts) and the work of UMVA Kreative.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
- Certificate in marketing
- Experience of working with computerized accounts systems.
- A commitment to arts and culture growth and sustainability.
- Excellent customer service skills, including ability to communicate with stakeholders efficiently in a courteous, professional manner under pressure.
Terms and Conditions
- Hours: Full time
- Probation: 6 months
- Contract type: 1 year
Send a detailed cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org